As we near the end of the fall semester, just a few notes to make sure you are ready to wrap up fall and prepare for winter or spring.
There is a great section in the LaunchPad Instructor’s Manual called “Track Student Work” which can help you see all of a student’s individual LaunchPad activities—their ‘digital footprint’. Here are some other key articles that might be useful today:
- Check student activity on individual assignments
- How to change a student’s grade
- Check student activity as a whole
- Import scores for offline assignments, if applicable
- Zero scores for unsubmitted assignments
- Export your LaunchPad gradebook
Preparing for the Spring Semester
We’d like to provide you with some helpful articles on how to make sure your preparation goes smoothly:
- Create new or copy existing LaunchPad courses (when in doubt, you are probably better off starting with a new course)
- Set up your spring courses
- If you copied courses, batch update assignment due dates
- If you created new courses, create assignments
- Deactivate your fall courses
- Activate your spring courses (This is an important step and will result in a personal URL for YOUR COURSE that will be emailed to you and that you should distribute to YOUR STUDENTS! Students must enroll in the course with your specific URL.)
- Distribute your spring course URLs to your students so that they can enroll in your courses
- As usual, you can find links for training, information and help here.
- Use the opportunity to sign up for a 30 minute training session with a product and discipline expert. It will probably be the most useful 30 minutes you spend prepping this term!
- And if you run into any issues, you and your students can always contact tech support for help or check out our Instructor User Guide for more information.