I have recently sent out a number of emails to large groups of instructors--and gotten a lot of bounceback emails in return. I read all of these in case there are questions (which happens) or people who want to be removed from our email lists or who have retired (which also happens). Most of these automated out of office messages are fairly standard, but a few stand out because they show what you can do in the summer. Included in my list of great ones are:
- I'm off doing field work in Africa.
- I am taking a group of students to the Gallapagos Islands.
- I am doing a cross-country trip to visit family and some national parks.
- I will be doing teaching and learning in Chile this summer.
- I will be in Cuba and off the grid.
I hope all of you are having a great summer, doing something fabulous, and getting reinvigorated in your discipline! Fall will be here all too soon.